Saturday, February 03, 2007

SUBSTANCE

It is over a week since I posted something on my Blog. The reason is that my computer has been away at the fixit shop for five days. I have been lost without it! I did become aware of just how much time I spend on the computer though...too much!

I have been working on a series of works on paper for my exhibition in October at Doggett Street Gallery, Brisbane. I plan to divide the space under separate headings but with one umbrella idea. At the moment I am inspired by the concept of substance ie: that which is 'out there' for us to understand yet not necessarily see with our eyes...only with our faith and imagination. Faith is something which we must embrace to combat the doomsday tidings which plaster our newspapers. This does not mean we need to bury our heads in the sand and ignore issues. It means we feel/know we can do something about the world's problems...that as a human race we have the capacity to solve, invent and flourish.

Substance gouache on paper 30 x 42 cm unframed

No comments: