Friday, August 24, 2007

MOI

Just thought I'd post a picture of me. This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago by Nicci Shrimpton who is doing the PR for my next solo exhibition 'Prayers For The Planet: We are all the same.' www.nscomm.com The painting in the background is now finished! It is called 'Searching Inside The Horizon'.

I love using landscape elements as metaphors for life. What are our horizons? Do we limit ourselves by not 'looking' beyond? Once we have reached what seems to be the horizon there is always another. What can this mean for our lives?

In the past I spent many hours driving along western Queensland roads watching the horizon. Yet, what about my own personal horizons? Well, I think they are constantly moving and changing. Also, I have rediscovered some. Maybe our dreams are our horizons? As adults I think we lose sight of our dreams when busy lives close down the distance and space we need to dream. We need to keep our horizons in sight.

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

It's good to see you Kathryn, you're not at all as I'd imagined. Are you going to put your photo in your profile?