Friday, November 27, 2009

FRISSON

Halo Oil on linen 82 x 183 cm


One Oil on linen 90 x 200 cm


I have uploaded the 2 images above previously. The reason I have uploaded them again is that they have now been professionally photographed and readers can get a better idea of them. My attempts with my small digital are not so adequate, especially with large paintings. One day soon, though, I will buy myself a digital SLR.

This is the link to my previous post where I write about 'One'. http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com/2009/07/one.html

These are the links to my previous 2 posts where I discuss 'Halo'
http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com/2009/10/climbing-mountains-seeing-earths-halo.html
http://kathrynbrimblecombeart.blogspot.com/2009/11/halo.html



Now that brings me to my next speaking gig @ PECHA KUCHA BRISBANE next Wednesday 2nd December at Brisbane's Powerhouse. Check out http://www.pechakuchabrisbane.org/ and click on 'upcoming'. You can read my statement when you click on my name. I am really excited about the opportunity to speak about my passion which is art, but more specifically about the catalytic agency art has to inspire agenda-less but not directionless conversations. Thrilled in fact! Each speaker has 20 slides on a powerpoint and each slide appears for only 20 seconds, thus the total presentation time for speaker is 6 minutes 40 seconds.

I have nearly finished 'Beyond The Dark Night Of The Soul'... the subject of my last post. Just a bit of contemplation needed before I decide my bit is done. Because, as readers of my BLOG know I do not believe I complete my paintings. Rather, every conversation a painting inspires,whether it be inside one's head or with other people, completes my work. Thus, there is the potential for multiple and ongoing completions. I see this as giving life to my work.

Cheers,
Kathryn

1 comment:

moneythoughts said...

They look like different pictures to me. The newer photos do so much for the colors in both paintings. Good luck with your exhibition.